The temperatures are cooling off, but there is still plenty to do around Kentucky Lake, the South’s Great Lake. Book your getaway today, give us a call at 800.467.7145!
Land Between the Lakes , KY/TN –
November 16, 2017-
Visitor facilities at Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area began late fall and winter operation schedules in November.
- Energy Lake Campground Reservation Call Center–Close 5pm, Dec 18; Re-open 9am, Mon, Jan 8; Reservations may be made online only during call center closure
- Golden Pond Planetarium; Open daily through Dec 23, until 1 pm on Dec 24 and Dec 26-30 and until 1 pm on Dec 31.
- Golden Pond Visitor Center & Planetarium; Close at 1pm on Dec 24 and Dec 31; Closed in observance of Christmas, Dec 25 & 26
- Homeplace 1850s Farm and Nature Station; Closed
- Hillman Ferry, Energy Lake, and Piney campgrounds; Closed
- Golden Pond Visitor Center & Planetarium; Closed New Year’s Day; Re-open 7-days a week, Jan 2
Homeplace 1850s Working Farm and Woodlands Nature Station will offer various guided programs, including the popular Bald Eagle Van and River Cruise Tours. Starting November 24, Planetarium visitors will experience vivid laser lights set to holiday music and other holiday shows digitally projected on a 40-foot dome. Groups of 10 or more can make reservations any time by calling 270-924-2020.
The Elk & Bison Prairie
remains open year-round, dawn-to-dusk. Winter months offer the best chance to view elk, as the colder and shorter days draw them out later in the morning and earlier in the afternoon to feed.